I'm here! I said I'M HERE!!!

This is new for me, so bare with me.

Friday, March 17, 2006

We're PUT'NAM in their place! Go Piranha's!

Acouchy.

Can I have the DEFINITION?

Acouchy

\A*cou"chy\, n. [F. acouchi, from the native name Guiana.] (Zo["o]l.) A small species of agouti (Dasyprocta acouchy)

Can I have it in a sentence?

They used the word acouchy in the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.


Boys and Girls! Who would've thought that this funny spelling bee was showing in small theatre next to one of my favorite musicals, Wicked at Gershwin theatre. Funny thing is I still don't know what the name of the theatre in New York is.
Lucky for me, the touring company is in San Francisco.
If you live in the bay area, have $25, go see this show. The audience participation is wonderful and I haven't laughed so hard at a musical before ( Ok, Ave Q may give this statemen some invalidity, but, hey! go with me here!)

Unfortunately some parts were dragged out and unnecessary. "We get it little girl! Your Dad is always working and your mom is in India. So you get neglected... all you want is some attention and to be loved." blah blah blah. It didn't need to be 20 minutes long. But damn ! That girl can sing!

One of the best characters left the spelling bee too early in the competition. Leaf Coneybear. I don't know if this character would've been as memorable with a different actor from New York. We won't know til we go back. Last year in New York, after we found out we didn't win the Wicked lottery, we were grumpy and decided to leave. People (yes, just random New Yorkers) suggested we go to the Spelling Bee show. But, we didn't listen. A few months later, the NYC cast is performing Magic Foot at the Tony awards. Damn, I wish I watched it in New York. But then again, I would've missed Leaf from haight.

Shout out to Chip from San Jose! You go boy!

I give this show 3 1/2 (out of 5) glasses of champagne.


www.spellingbeethemusical.com

2 Comments:

  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger Rowdeezy said…

    COW
    Can I have the definition please?
    Please spell Cow.

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger Rowdeezy said…

    Doh! I mean...
    COW
    Can I have the definition please?
    It means Cow.

    Can you use it in a sentence please?
    Please spell Cow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home